Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer Memorizing Project (+ a big reveal!)

Happy Canada Day! It is a beautiful sunny day here-- 26°C with a light breeze-- and I just finished memorizing movement 1 of my Bach Partita. The Partita No. 5 in G major is part of a set of six harpsichord suites that were composed by J.S. Bach between the years 1725-1730 (or so). Each suite contains a number of short dance movements such as an Allemande, Courante, Sarabande and Gigue. I have given myself the task of memorizing the seven movements of this Partita by the time I leave for Summer Sizzle in mid August. BUT WHY??

Well I'm glad you asked! The reason I am memorizing all these pieces is to prepare for a Licentiate exam with the Northern Lights Canadian National Conservatory of Music. It seems fitting to reveal this today since CNCM is Canada's fastest growing music conservatory and such a great promoter of Canadian music. I am excited to be preparing for this exam and plan to take it next year.


In other news, my student Ella completed her first piano exam in June (Northern Lights CNCM Introductory level) and received an amazing mark of 92.5! Way to go Ella...your hard work really paid off. Northern Lights offers piano performance exams in the form of a recital; check out a snapshot of Ella's exam program:

Well, I am off to the sunroom to enjoy a cup of tea before sitting back down at the bench. I hope everyone has a great Canada Day. Thanks also for listening to my new duets, I really appreciate it.
~ Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!