Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Mary Poppins Duet #3: Boogie Woogie style!

So I thought I needed a third instalment of Mary Poppins, you know, to round things out. I chose to arrange Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious into a piano duet because the other two songs were bit melancholy (being in minor keys and all). There is no doubt this is a happy song, and to bump it up a notch from the usual marching band style I added a boogie-woogie bass part!

Well now that I have three Mary Poppins duets I can move on to something else, though doing arrangements from a musical has been too much fun. I have lots of ideas for my next duet! Check out my other MP duets, Chim Chim Cher-ee and Feed the Birds.



I also wanted to mention two other things: First, our studio recital is coming up next week. Everyone has done an amazing job getting ready for this year-end event. We tried out the pieces last night at a performance class and things are in great shape! Watch a fun trailer for this upcoming recital below:



And lastly, I've added a few more videos to my Northern Lights 8B playlist. These pieces are from one of the latest editions of Northern Lights CNCM's great books. I'll have lots more to report next week after our recital. Until then I'll be busy memorizing and going over the finishing touches on everyone's performance. 
~ Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!